- Size: 4,052 undergraduate and 3,484 graduate degree-seeking students
- Selectivity: 24 applicants for each place in the freshman class
- Faculty: 698 full-time and 149 part-time instructional faculty, 17 administrative faculty with tenure, and 12 faculty that primarily conduct research (additionally there are 39 staff members with secondary instructional roles).
- 97 percent of our full-time instructional faculty have a doctorate or terminal degree in their field
- A focus on teaching: An undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio of just under 6 to 1, with a median undergraduate class size of 14
- Research excellence: Approximately $145 million in annual externally funded research expenditures during the 2019-20 academic year. Rice encourages engagement of undergraduate and graduate students in the creation of new knowledge and technology
- Residential college system: 11 close-knit and diverse communities