Qualtrics is our user-friendly, FREE web-based survey software available to Rice faculty, staff and students**. It is a sophisticated yet flexible survey service with the functionality to create professional-quality surveys and reports.
- Ability to self-administer your survey
- Over 100 question types
- Skip/branch logic question sets
- Ability to collaborate with multiple people in survey creation/distribution
- Variety of distribution options, including automatic email reminders
- QR code survey options available
- Custom reports available in a variety of formats, including CSV, HTML, XML and SPSS
Getting started is simple.
1. To activate your Qualtrics account, log in HERE with your Rice netid and password.
3. Want some information on best practices in survey building? These BEST PRACTICE ARTICLES will help.
3. The Office of Institutional Effectiveness may be available to assist in your survey design and administration. For more information, please contact Angela Thompson, ext. 5377, Survey Administrator and Analyst, Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
One of the most dynamic features of Qualtrics is the ability to work with others in your survey creation, dissemination and reporting.
In most cases, survey users will prefer to use the “Collaboration” option as it offers the most frequently shared features. Another advantage of “Collaboration” is users can easily select and deselect who they wish to collaborate with at any time. You even have the option of deciding which privileges will be shared. NOTE: When collaborating with others within the Rice community, ensure all collaborators have established their Rice Qualtrics user accounts first. You can confirm that the accounts have been established by clicking the “User and Group Address” link. Established accounts will be visible. Non-Rice users can collaborate but may have limited privileges.
In certain and limited circumstances, users may wish to form “Groups,” which allows a higher degree of shared privileges. Groups cannot be self-selected and must be established by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. If you feel a “Group” is the preferred choice for your survey needs, please contact Angela Thompson, ext. 5377, Survey Administrator and Analyst, Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
Please contact Qualtrics with your troubleshooting and technical questions. Qualtrics customer service is available 8a-7p (Central Time) at 1-800-340-9194. You will need to provide the Qualtrics customer service representative your Rice netid when seeking assistance.
For Rice account-related matters, please contact Angela Thompson.
**Please note that the Qualtrics Survey software is being provided by Rice University for our faculty, staff and students for the purpose of conducting Rice University official business. You may not use your Qualtrics account for personal or non-Rice University related matters. Accounts found to be in violation of this policy are subject to closure. Student accounts have limited privileges. Students needing increased privileges may email Angela Thompson for a free upgrade.